Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Leaf Skittering Day

I love winter! I love the cloudy days, the rainy days and the sunny days. They each evoke a wonderful feeling of thankfulness. There is a very thin layer of ice on the pond, and the leaves are slipping, sliding and skittering all over the place. At first glance it looks like little Alvins tumbling on the ice. (You know, chipmunks.) It is easy to imagine their screams of joy and laughter as the wind scoots them along.

The goose is gone, but he's been in the backyard for a little over a month now. I hope his mourning time is up and he has decided it's time to get back in with the real world, instead of the one he created here for himself for a period of time. I really shouldn't be surprised, as I looked out yesterday, and he was snuggled up next to a little cherub planter I have sitting out under a tree. Maybe that helped him realize he wanted to be back with the living/breathing again. I hope so.

I am an oxymoron this time of year. I hate to see the Christmas decorations put away because this house looks as though it should always be decorated this way. BUT, as I near completion of getting everything back in order, I anticipate the new that is unknown, and there is such a feeling of hope and anticipation I am overwhelmed sometimes. This is my best time of year for creating, so I'm off to create while the creating is good! Hope you are having a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Debbie! I love winter too! And, it's so funny hearing everyone complain about the cold here in Florida--it was warmer in Seattle this morning than it was here--it's great!
    After an overwhelming December (in a not so good way, but I'm thankful nonetheless) I'm looking forward to joyful activities this year--create something for me while you're at it!
    Love ya - La-ti-ci-a!

    ReplyDelete