Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Happy Sunday


Today is Sunday and we have no church due to the road conditions. I have to start off admitting I took a little flack for my over-concernedness yesterday. It looks as though I am blaming Randy for the misconception. The truth is, the little adding, "when she gets home," threw me, as to "I'll call you in a few hours." The former made me think she was out; the latter made me think she was sleeping and would arouse herself from her sleep to call us. (You have to realize, our eldest child is as predictable as anyone can be. She really didn't surprise us when she applied for the trip to Singapore, because that is part of her predictable behavior. She grew up traveling; she loves to travel; she has no fear of traveling alone.) Friends before sleep...that's what threw us. She has pre-warned us that the next few weeks will throw everything off as the park is about to open. I think being forewarned where I could see her face will help get me through the quiet days. She prefaced telling us with, "...so you won't call the authorities," so my next question was, "Do you have their number?" She's right...I have watched way too many Lifetime/Made for TV movies. I know the worst, and I know who can help me when and if I need help: Steven Segal, Jean Claude Van Dame, and Liam Neeson.

I love this new game of gin rummy Randy has taught me. We've been playing "practice games" since yesterday. So far, I am really good at going out first and I've learned to count points at the end. Now, I realize it's not the going out first that counts unless you have lots of points and your opponent might be left holding lots of cards, so my new strategery is to pick up those cards and go for it. So far, so good. I may be ready to go on to Poker, but Randy will have to practice working on his Poker face first. (We start keeping score after lunch.) Hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment