Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shopping and Such

Well, I guess we've all determined that there won't be a blog every day. My sister, Linda, and her husband David, came yesterday from GA and we only had that day to catch up because they left this morning. David was here on business that took him out for the evening, so we hopped over to Belk's and shopped. It's always nice being able to shop with a sister or dear friend. There's nothing like it. Linda was so patient and just poked right along with me. (My friend, Angela, said she saw me on my first day out by myself, crossing the street, but she didn't have the heart to call out to me because I was going at a pretty fast clip and she didn't want me to get hit, for which I am eternally grateful.)

I'd like to take this moment to boast about our Belk's. From what I understand, the chain originated in Greensboro; therefore that store is considered their signature store. Winston Salem being so close, must have warranted a close second in putting their best foot forward, because I can honestly say that the merchandise at the Belk's here is comparable to a lot of the merchandise that Bloomingdale's carried at the Millenia Mall down in Orlando, such as: Lacoste, Lilly Pulitzer, and other trendy, high end designer names. I can't say the same for the Belk's down in Florida or outside of ours here.

Randy was awaiting us when we got home from Belk's, and was kind enough to take us to one of our local favorites, The Village Tavern. We all had hamburgers, as they make a good one, and I have been craving a GOOD hamburger for about a week now. I was not disappointed. Add french fries, half and half sweet tea, and who could ask for anything more? We celebrated Linda's birthday once we got home, with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. She got to open her presents too, a whole 2 weeks early. I love it when birthdays go on and on and on, because I have found that I am really not expecting too much the older I get, because I really don't NEED A THING! So anything is a nice surprise to me...a phone call, card, email or e-card. To tell you the truth, TIME seems to be the most valuable commodity around, and that's what the above take...time. May we give it away with joyful abandon and be blessed for it to reinforce the reminder to keep on giving.

We resumed the neighborhood Bible study this morning, after a short hiatus. We gained 4 new women, but two were not able to be there. I love these ladies. They are just what I needed to feel a part of the true meaning of the word community when we moved into the neighborhood. Add the Amos Cottage Guild ladies, and the sense of worthwhileness that goes along with helping fundraise for a therapeutic day program for children with emotional/discipline problems get a head start prior to kindergarten, and you've got the beginnings of a great existence.

I'm posting this now in anticipation that I can always come back and edit it before everyone starts to read it. Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment