Friday, October 9, 2009

"The Ubiquitous Pig"

I promise there's a book out there called, "The Ubiquitous Pig," written by Marilyn Nissenson & Susan Jonas. Randy found it on his bookshelf...something he inherited from the previous owners of Red, Hot & Blue. I have thumbed through the pages and have to admit, it is the most thorough book on the history of the pig, I have ever seen. This is from inside the book's jacket: The two authors, "take an affectionate look at the many-sided relationship between human and pigs and the art people have made to reflect that bond." It truly is a work of art! There are quite a few notable pigs out there: Porky Pig, Piglet, "The Three Little Pigs" and Miss Piggy. Don't forget. Beatrix Potter's, "The Tale of Pigling Bland" and Pig-Wig; E. B. White's lovable Wilbur, and Jamie Wyeth's (son of artist Andrew Wyeth) portrait of "Lady," which we have signed lithograph's of.(Great story there. Maybe I'll share it someday.)Yes, the pig really is ubiquitous if we but open our eyes.

I awakened to a phone call from Leah this morning, along with an invitation from my neighbor to come over for one of her healthy juicer drinks, shortly thereafter. I hopped in a warm-up suit and hustled over to find fresh fruit and vegetables sitting out on the counter near the juicer.(I am always intrigued by anything that is healthy or medicinal.) There was a cucumber, apple, celery, cilantro, yellow bell pepper and maybe more. She stuck a straw in her beautiful green concoction and we had so much fun conversing on life. We are loving getting to know each other better through sharing food. There really is something to be said about breaking bread together, even though there was no bread in the juice. You get my drift.

I came home energized to tackle this computer stuff, i.e., how to recover my deleted blog from yesterday. I deleted it on purpose, because I didn't want to stir up a flurry of controversy on water pollution, etc. But, once my sister emailed me on how informative it was, I decided to republish it. Not an easy task, but I did it...all by myself. I am so proud of me, because I don't persevere well when it comes to reading directions and researching how to solve a problem. (I may even go back to my ipod one of these days from my Bag O' Fun that is still packed from my surgery. Don't hold your breath though)FYI: Hit control H to find your history, then scroll down until you find what you are looking for, click on it and there you go! Not so hard, huh? It took me ALL DAY to find someone who put it in my lingo and that's as simple as it gets, folks. By the way, Leah told me this one: See that star up at the top of that long window at the top to the right? Hit that if you want to have something, like maybe my blog, come up with just a tap of the icon. It's called, "Bookmarking." Just do what it says. Too easy. Feel free to pass on any other hints that will make our lives easier.

Word for the blog of the day: quod, n.(kwod) (May sound simple, but remember, I am trying to throw in a few SMALL words for those who play Scrabble.)This looks like a fairly doable word if you've got the letters. It means, "prison," and is British slang.[origin obscure.] In the meantime, keep on enjoying the incredible, ubiquitous, edible pig, and do your best to stay out of the quod.

No comments:

Post a Comment