Monday, September 28, 2009

Turning Point

I am happy to say, I got a reprimand for not blogging yesterday. It was a test to see if anyone would miss it, and my sister, Linda, passed the test. We just taught our 4 year old class in Sunday School, then went to lunch and then home. A quiet Sunday...the way they should be.

This morning I got up and started preparing for my friend Susan's lunch visit. (Lonnie and Michael, Randy's co-workers, are also in town and are staying with us, and we love it.) Susan brought quiche and I made a salad and baked a chocolate cake. We ate on the back porch and just loved being out in the fall air. After that we discussed art, caught up, and I made pesto for dinner tonight, to serve over orzo, along with a spinach Madeline dish, which is a creamed spinach dish made with pepper jack cheese, 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. There's more, of course, but email me if you want the recipe. It was one of our most favorite "new to us dishes" that we had while at my cousin's wedding in Baton Rouge last month. I added a salad and a broccoli salad a friend sent over and we had a healthy GREEN dinner. Everything was green. I will remember it for St. Patrick's Day. Oh, I forgot, a key lime pie (also sent by the same friend) and a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Now my back is hurting from eating too much, but it was good. It could be the limping that is throwing my back out, now that I think of it. By the way, let me know if you want my pesto recipe. I make it with my own basil picked right out of the garden. I sure wish I knew how to grow pine nuts.

I am LOVING the comments. (Thank you, La Ti Ci A! Gail, Kathy, Michael, and anonymous.) I, amazingly, actually understood how to preview comments before posting. That's why you don't see them as soon as you post them. Michael said that you do not have to go on as "anonymous" as we'd previously thought. He said that just writing in who your account is with is all you need to do...like if you use aol, hotmail, google, etc. I hope that helps. Hurry up and ask questions via email if you have to while he's here...that's one more night after this one. I am tired and am going to bed. Hope you have a good night's sleep, because today was certainly a turning point for me. I did everything I would have done without this cast on except SHOWER! One more week! I can't wait! See you tomorrow.

2 comments: