Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This and That

I had my surgery a week ago today. I hate to tell you I didn't have my post-op appointment today after all. It's not the drugs making me forget, or anything other than the fact they moved everything up a week and I had piles of cards with different dates on them. Just a little misunderstanding on my part. Leah asked today how long I would be in a cast. I don't know. She said she couldn't believe we knew so little. (Especially since we question her and Matthew to death about details of their everyday lives.) She didn't add that part; I did.

Well, you can bet your boots I'm going to ask questions about everything when we finally do get to the doctor's on Friday at 2. I ventured out to the breakfast table for dinner tonight for the very first time in a week. I was in the mood for Chinese food, so Randy stopped on the way home from a couple of hours at work, and got yummy chicken things, lo mein, fried rice, and a shrimp/lobster sauce. I am happy and stuffed!

I have been remiss in thanking Lonnie, our coworker, for a big act of kindness. He drove here from VA last Thursday to pick up something for work, and brought dinner for us that he had pre-prepared, and it was delicious. It was called canneloni, and was made up of ground veal and steak, basil, ricotta, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese & manicotti noodles. He poured a delicious tomato sauce over it, along with a white Bechemel sauce, made of cream, garlic, flour, butter & nutmeg. Yummy! We had enough for two days. Also, I haven't properly welcomed my newest "followers," Carla and Ody3. Glad to have you aboard. Michael, who is ody3, will be here next week and will walk us all through "How to comment." Can't wait!

I went on a field trip today to the front yard. Randy wanted me to see the azaleas in bloom. Craziest thing I've ever seen. We actually have bulbs growing again. Can't wait to see if they will bloom twice. I also hobbled out to the back patio to see how beautiful the backyard is looking as fall approaches. The rain has been nothing but good for us, unlike in GA and surrounding areas, EXCEPT FOR THE MOSQUITOES! One came in with me from outside and buzzed one time in my ear. I AM BACK IN TOWN. One swat and he is G-O-N-E, and I don't mean out the door.

Finally, Matthew has resurfaced after quiet for the past three days. His sister taught him how to schedule all his classes on Tuesdays/Thursdays. He's been able to do this for the past 2 years. Leah did it all through school. It takes some juggling, but it can be done. Our conversation was interrupted by a horn honking; him telling me he hoped he wouldn't get hit by a car; and then, "Gotta go. Gotta ride." I usually sit quietly in prayer for about 3 minutes after such a call, before I tell Randy to call and see if he's alright, and he of course always says, "I'm not calling," so I have to. (He didn't drive to class because there are ATO pledges who are anxious to pick up their big brothers when summoned. I am so thankful that there is no more hazing. And if you think I'm being facetious, read the newspapers to see what happens to any fraternity caught in the act.)

Well, my three minutes are up. Catch you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment