Monday, March 8, 2010

Eureka, I've Got It!

Yes indeed, this book dilemma has hounded me since I started making and taking notes about a year ago. I know I have mentioned that I have interviewed a few members of the Bowman Gray, Jr. family, along with two of the women who worked at the estate all those years ago. The big question was, how am I going to mesh the fun part in the present with the historical information of the farm? By "fun part" I mean MY PART. I think how this whole thing has unfolded is just so interesting. I've told countless family members and close friends..."It just feels like 3 books...one about the farm; one about the present and how amazingly this has all played out; and all the experiences I have had here that are separate from the book...reflections, if you will.

Our friend and Randy's co-worker, Lonnie, was here this weekend from Virginia, so I mused out loud how I could possibly combine the two. Finally, it hit me as Randy and I walked Mollie yesterday...put my observations and thoughts at the beginning of each chapter of the person interviewed, then devote the rest of the chapter to the actual interview. By golly, I think it will work. Will keep you posted. I've got to go and write!

No comments:

Post a Comment